Beef & veggie pasties with Curtis Stone. Follow along with Curtis Stone as he makes a childhood favourite – the classic beef and veggie pasty (RECIPE BELOW). Tuck a delicious beef mince mixture, bursting with fresh ingredients such as tomato, corn and spinach, into store-bought shortcrust pastry and bake until golden and heated through, then serve with tomato sauce or relish. You can follow Curtis’ recipe below, or take his advice and add whichever fresh vegetables you’d like to make a great-tasting hand pie that’s sure to be a winner in your home.
BEEF & VEGGIE PASTIES
Serves 4 Prep 20 mins Cooking 35 mins
1 tablespoon Coles olive oil
400g Coles 3 star beef mince
1 small brown onion, cut into small dice
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into 1 cm dice
1 baby potato, peeled and cut into 1 cm dice
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup fresh corn kernels or frozen corn kernels
1 medium tomato, cut into small dice
4 cups baby spinach
1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
4 sheets Coles short crust pastry, cut into 20 cm rounds
1 Coles Brand free range egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons Mil Lel shredded parmesan cheese
Coles Brand squeezy tomato sauce, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan-forced).
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat and cook the beef for 5 minutes, breaking up any large lumps.
3. Add the onion, garlic, carrot and potato to the pan and cook for 3 minutes stirring often. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
4. Add the peas, corn, tomato and spinach and cook a further minute or until the spinach has wilted. Remove from heat and stir through the parsley, season to taste with salt and pepper and cool for 5 minutes.
5. Lay the 4 rounds of pastry onto a clean work surface and divide the filling evenly between each round of pastry in the centre. Brush the edges of the pastry with the egg wash and carefully fold and crimp the edges together to seal the pasties.
6. Place pasties onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and brush with a little of the remaining egg wash and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
8. Stand at room temperature for 5 minutes, then serve with the tomato sauce.
For more food videos, recipes and handy cooking tips, subscribe to AT HOME WITH COLES: https://www.youtube.com/coles
AT HOME WITH COLES | http://www.youtube.com/coles
Shop online with Coles | http://www.shop.coles.com.au
Facebook | http://www.facebook.com/coles
Twitter | http://twitter.com/coles
More great recipes | http://www.taste.com.au/coles
Tags: Beef & veggie pasties with Curtis Stone, How to make beef veggie pasties, How to make beef pasties, how to make pasties, how to make Cornish pasties, beef pasties, beef veggie pasties, Cornish pasties, the best beef veggie pasties, Curtis Stone, Curtis Stone pasties, Curtis Stone cooking, beef pasties how to, Cornish pasties how to, beef veggie pasties recipe, beef veggie pasties from scratch, beef mince, shortcrust pastry, feed your family, winter cooking, winter pies, food, how-to, Coles Supermarkets, Coles