How to make Nigerian Fried Rice | Nigerian food | African Cuisine. http://www.kolawoleajayi.co.uk. This video will show you how to make Nigeria Fried Rice
• 500 gm Chicken thighs
• 100 gm cooked cow liver, chopped
• 100 gms cooked cow kidney (optional), chopped
• One handful frozen prawns, thawed and drained
• 500 gm long grain white rice
• 1 medium onion, finely chopped
• One handful green peas
• 2 carrots, finely diced
• 5-8 green beans, trimmed and finely diced
• One handful corn kernels
• 3 tsp salt, plus more to taste
• 1 tsp dried thyme
• 2 tsp curry powder
• 1 tsp multipurpose seasoning
• 2 chicken stock cubes
• Water, as required
• Add the chicken pieces into a large saucepan and throw in the finely chopped onion.
• Sprinkle the dried thyme and a tsp curry powder into the pan along with 2 tsp salt and crumble the stock cubes into it.
• Pour in 2 cups water into the pan and give them a nice stir to mix well.
• Place a lid on top and simmer the chicken mixture for 10 minutes.
• Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
• While the chicken cooks, cook the rice in a pot of water until it is parboiled; stir in a tsp of salt halfway through cooking.
• Drain out the rice in a colander and set aside.
• Drain out the cooked chicken thighs using a slotted spoon and lay them out on a pre-greased roasting pan.
• Pop it into the hot oven and grill for 15-20 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
• Remove from oven and keep warm until the fried rice is ready to serve.
• Meanwhile, strain out the chicken cooking liquid into a bowl using a fine-mesh sieve; discard the residues.
• Pour the strained cooking liquid in a clean pan and spoon in the parboiled rice.
• Stir to mix well, cover and cook for 10 minutes or until all of the liquid is absorbed by the rice and it is cooked through.
• Pour in some water in case the rice mixture tends to dry out and taste to adjust the seasonings.
• Heat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet over moderate flame and throw in the veggies.
• Add the corn kernels as well along with rest of the curry powder and ground multipurpose seasoning.
• Stir them all together and sauté until the veggies turn a tad softer.
• Stir in the cooked liver, kidney and prawns until well combined and continue to stir fry for 10 more minutes.
• Set most of the stir fried mixture aside in a bowl and add the few tbsp of rice to the rest in the pan.
• Stir fry the contents of the pan for several minutes or until the rice is properly stir fried and set aside in a separate large bowl.
• Stir fry rest of the rice and sautéed mixture in batches to make sure that the rice is fried to perfection.
• Divide the Nigerian fried rice among individual plates and serve hot alongside the grilled chicken thighs.
Thank you for visiting my channel, I hope you enjoy the watching me cook! Please join me on Instagram on https://www.instagram.com/nigeriacuisine/?hl=en , on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/kolawole.ajayi.90 and on Twitter https://twitter.com/Nigeriacuisine
To know a little bit more about me, you can check me out on http://www.kolawoleajayi.co.uk
You can also send me an email on email@example.com for business enquiries.
I look forward to hear from you.
Tags: How to make Nigerian Fried Rice | Nigerian food | African Cuisine, nigeria fried rice, fried rice, rice fried, Nigerian food, Nigeria cuisine