Fish Biryani Recipe Video - How to make Hyderabadi Machli Ki Biryani at Home - Easy & Simple. Fish Biryani from Maimoona Yasmeen's Recipes
YOU CAN ALSO REACH US ON :
Youtube Subscribe -https://www.youtube.com/c/hyderabadwala?sub_confirmation=1
Website - http://www.hyderabadwala.com
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/hyderabadwale?ref=hl
Google Plus - https://plus.google.com/+Hyderabadwala
Twitter - https://twitter.com/Hyderabadwalaa
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/hyderabadwalarecipes/
Ingredients: For fish marination and frying
Boneless fish pieces: 1 kg
Salt: ½ teaspoon
Red chilli powder: 2 teaspoons
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tablespoon
Spices (garam masala powder): ½ teaspoon
Oil: for semi frying
1. Make medium sized pieces of fish. Add 2 teaspoons salt and 2 teaspoons turmeric powder to the fish pieces.
2. Mix thoroughly and keep aside for about half an hour.
3. After half an hour, add and rub one cup wheat flour over the fish pieces and wash thoroughly. This is done to remove its smell.
4. Strain the excess water. Now marinate the fish.
5. Add ½ teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons red chilli powder, ½ teaspoon spices or garam masala powder, 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste and add juice of one lemon.
6. Mix well and Keep this aside for about 2 hours.
7. To a frying pan, add one tablespoon of oil.
8. Add marinated fish and shallow fry till they turn brown on both sides. Use more oil f required.
9. Keep the fried fish aside
Ingredients: For making Fish Gravy (Aqni)
Oil: 8 tablespoons
Onion (medium sized): 6 whole
Ginger garlic paste: 2 tablespoons
Red chilli powder: 2 teaspoons
Turmeric powder: 1 teaspoon
Salt: 2 teaspoons
Spices (garam masala powder): 1 teaspoon
Curd: 2 ½ cups
Whole green chllies: 7
Chopped coriander: 2 ½ tablespoons
Chopped mint leaves: 2 ½ tablespoons
1. To another pan, add oil. When the oil is hot, add thinly sliced onions. Fry till the onions turn light brown.
2. Switch off the flame and remove a handful of fried onions and keep aside.
3. Remove the excess oil (take out two tablespoons of oil from the pan).
4. Add ginger garlic paste and stir fry for 15 seconds to get rid of its raw smell.
5. Add whipped curd, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, crushed whole green chillies, chopped mint leaves, chopped coriander, spices or garam masala powder and add salt.
6. Mix well and cook for about 2 minutes or till the oil separates.
7. Add fried fish to the gravy. Mix delicately without tearing the fish pieces.
8. Switch off the flame and keep the fish gravy aside.
Ingredients: For cooking the rice
Basmati rice: 1 kg
Water: 4 litres
Salt: 5 teaspoons
Chopped mint leaves: 2 tablespoons
Chopped coriander: 2 tablespoons
Cinnamon: 3 small sticks
Cardamoms: 2 whole
Black cloves: 3
Caraway seeds (shahzeera): 1 ½ teaspoon
Star anise: 3 whole
1. To a pan, add water.
2. Add salt, chopped mint leaves, chopped coriander, small sticks of cinnamon, slit cardamoms, black cloves, caraway seeds or shahzeera and add star anise.
3. Close the lid and cook on high flame till the water comes to boil.
4. Add soaked and drained rice.
5. Semi- cook the rice and stir at times for even cooking.
6. When the rice is half done, drain the water thoroughly.
Ingredients: For final preparation
Fried onions (which we had kept aside)
Chopped mint leaves: a handful
Chopped coriander: a handul
Clarifed butter (asli ghee): 1 ½ tablespoon
1. Remove half of the drained rice and keep aside.
2. Layer the fish gravy over the remaining rice delicately.
3. Spread the rice which we have kept aside, over the fish gravy.
4. Add fried onions, chopped mint leaves, chopped coriander and clarified butter or pure ghee.
5. Close the lid and cook on medium flame for about 1 minute and simmer till the rice is fully cooked.
6. Mix delicately and serve with dahi ka raitha.
Tags: Fish Biryani Recipe Video - How to make Hyderabadi Machli Ki Biryani at Home - Easy & Simple, Fish, Biryani, Fish Biryani, Recipe, Video, How to make, Hyderabadi, Machli Ki Biryani, machhli, biryani, at Home, Easy, Simple, Maimoona, Yasmeen, Maimoona Yasmeen, Recipes, Ingredients, hyderabadwala